Happy short week everyone! Many of us had a long weekend, Columbus day in the US and here in Canada it was Thanksgiving. I loved all of the tabletop inspiration coming through my instagram feed, so many beautiful and creative ideas! I thought I'd give you a round up of those that caught my attention: Canadians, you can save the inspo for next year (or Christmas!) and our lovely friends south of the border can garner some inspiration for your November Thanksgiving decor. Whether you are drawn to natural simplicity, traditional place settings, or a fun and modern twist, there's really something for everyone. In no particular order, here are 10 inspiring tablescapes with ideas to steal:
1. All white - I loved the pile of gourds running the center of this table mixed with candles, and the fun thanksgiving themed plates!
2. Dark & moody florals - As much as I love all white, I equally love this rich and stunning darker palette with a dash of jewel tones. And how cute are those plates?
3. Macaron heaven - Love the idea of adding a dose of color through macarons on the table. And the black & gold Ladurée boxes at each place setting is so chic! Bonus points if some of those macarons are pumpkin flavoured.
4. Chalk paint palette - This would be an easy look to replicate with a couple of pots of FAT Paint's chalk paint. I'm really drawn to the idea of navy and gold here.
5. Perfect pomegranate - I want to steal this idea, maybe even for Christmas! A pomegranate as the perfect jewel-toned place card holder. Add a quick spritz of gold spray paint to the top to take it to the next level.
6. Natural elements - Utilizing objects made of wood (like these chargers), and branches, leaves, or faux antlers, it's so attractive and fresh in it's simplicity.
7. Graphic dinnerware - You really can never go wrong with a punchy black and white graphic, and I love the striking appearance of this particular set. Add the gold and colorful flowers, it's not your typical 'autumn' palette but I think that's what makes it so lovely!
8. Traditional blue & white with gold - Another one that I fell for, I love all the candles, the blue & white dinner plates, and the simple greenery. I think this look would also be really interesting with a mix of different blue & white plates rather than all one set. It would give a 'collected over time' appeal.
9. Bounty of harvest - The natural colors of the gourds in this tablescape is what caught my eye. It's not ALL white, it's true to the harvest colors but in such a chic and restrained way on an all-white backdrop. The octagonal beaded plates and the horn/ivory details are stunning as well.
10. Twinkling lights - This is a fun idea that everyone in the family would enjoy, and the light given off by these mini strings would set a lovely glow to the table as well. Adding texture through vintage linen napkins and service ware adds such charm.
I hope you caught some idea that made you smile and that you might tuck away in your own files for future inspiration! I love the holidays that gather us together with those we love and care about most, and providing a beautiful space for everyone to enjoy and create memories in is such a lovely part of the occasion.