By far my favorite article in the Christmas issues of all my glossy subscriptions was found in Veranda's Nov/Dec 2016 issue. It is an excellent one, filled with so many examples of traditional holiday décor, be sure to grab a copy! The article in question highlights designer Tammy Connor, and her atelier decked out for a Christmas soiree. I found so many delightful ideas that I would love to implement in my own home, so I thought I'd share a few with you.
1. An olive wreath as an artwork frame: As in the first image above, I loved seeing one random piece of art in a grouping adorned with festive greenery. The fact that it is hung asymmetrically while two potted boxwoods flank the fireplace symmetrically really catches my eye.
2. Display small gifts for your guests: Connor presents gifts in a signature wrapping with a wax seal, alongside fig preserves which she makes every Christmas with her children. Personal and delightful! I also am loving the way she uses oranges as part of her Christmas décor, which she describes as "a mix of fine things and more natural, casual, and simple objects."
3. Create an interesting bar area on a console table: Against a Gracie wallpaper background (which can never be a bad thing!) Tammy displays artwork, bits of red through coral & pomegranates, greenery, paperwhites, and heirloom crystal & silver. Her grouping includes items at varying heights which is both practical and pretty.
4. Hang stockings containing a wish or inspiring quote for the coming year: The hand-painted Gracie wallpaper acts as a backdrop of branches to hang miniature stockings with meaningful contents. How fun would it be to pluck cards out of these and see what you may find?
5. Use fresh festive greenery in abundance: The trend for this season is by far fresh greens. Magnolia-leaf garland in a large extravagant arrangement will be long-lasting and give such a luxe look. PS. the antique dresser it's sitting on in the image above was acquired from the Bunny Mellon estate (!), talk about luxury.
There are many more stunning images from Tammy's design studio in this month's issue of Veranda, be sure to check it out if you like what you see here. And see more from Tammy's portfolio here. Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!