1. San Francisco Decorator Showcase
Dina Bandman's luxe laundry with de Gournay wallpaper and stunning tile
House Beautiful's Kitchen Of The Year by Jon de la Cruz
Jonathan Savage via NY Times, dark hhandpainted walls create a lovely entry
Kirsten Kelli's room literally sparkles
Gorgeous lacquered study in Farrow & Ball Ellis Green by Wendy Labrum
Lacquered ceiling and beautiful Paul Lange backdrop in this stunning dinning room by Shelley Johnstone
The perfect corner settee dressed in Bullion fringe in Shelley Johnstone's space.
Sarah Bartholomew expertly combines blue and red
Sarah Bartholomew's lovely gallery wall
A dark and masculine library by Chad James Group
A. Arnold Interiors used such a unique dimensional honeycomb marble tile pattern in this bathroom
Loved this scalloped piece in this space by Gordon Dunning
Lauren DeLoach and Matthew Quinn's exquisite kitchen (perhaps my favorite space of all), paired lamps and wall plates add traditional details. I had to include every photo of this space I could find!
I loved the warm metal of this hood fan and the island lighting
Notice the detail of the marble inset on the side of the stand-out island
Stately dinning room with stunning patterned grasscloth by Tammy Connor
Everything is just so lovely in this Buckhead Atlanta home! Between this one and the Lake Forest Showhouse, I think I was meant to be a Southerner! Even the lovely white exterior trimmed in copper fittings with boxwood hedges everywhere you turn is right up my alley.
Some design tips and take-aways from all of these luxe homes:
1. Maximalism is everything in design right now, live surrounded by your favorite things.
2. Dark and moody rooms trump bright whites in this next season of design.
3. Green is GOOD. Whether springy and fresh or mossy and dark, it's not your 80's green.
4. Hand-painted wallcoverings like those of de Gournay and Gracie will be seen more and more. My guess is that more affordable versions are cropping up as well.
5. Keep your main pieces classic in shape and colorways, traditional furnishings stand the test of time.
Hope you enjoyed these tours as much as I did!