Ok peeps, it's week 2 and I'm starting off with a reminder of my mood boards so I can be specific in my follow up! (also see my second space, the breakfast nook here!). Here's my progress this week (sorry for the crappy iPhone photography, but I promise it'll make the final reveal look that much better, haha):
Day bed was purchased and assembled (thank you hubby!!!), shelves were meticulously hung (thank you dad-in-law!!), and I sorted through all the clothes and books and got them organized in the drawers! I'm feeling a lot better about this space. Keep in mind the other side of the room is still stacked with boxes/Tupperware containers. And I plan to change up the hardware on the IKEA daybed. Small goals!
Now there is a large chunk of wall above the daybed, it's directly across from the wallpapered clouds wall - so I'm trying to decide between hanging one larger piece of art here, or trying out a very simple grouping of 3 or so pieces:
vintage plane and horse portrait via anewall
Thoughts? What would you choose?
Ok so here's a checklist of what is still needing to be done:
- Purchase and frame art
- Purchase and swap hardware on daybed
- Purchase Hudson's Bay blanket
- Get the pillow forms for all the daybed pillows
- Order the crib!! And crib bedding. Argh that one is kinda important!!
- Select and order a rug
- Build the little vintage roadster
- Some DIY art, perhaps the doggie silhouette but of our own puppy!
- Consider adding a mobile above crib
Let's see how much I can accomplish by next week! Eek, time already seems to be flying ... Hop over to see more from all the ORC participants here.